A group of enlightened citizens of Malleshwaram felt a need to open a college in Malleshwaram particularly to provide facilities to girl students, who had to go as far as Maharanis College for their courses in higher learning. The founders Sri. G. A. Acharya, Prof.B.R. Subba Rao, Sri. M.Chinnaswamy, Sri M. R. Narasimha Iyengar, Prof. M. P. L. Sastry, and Smt Vimala Rangachar responded to this need by starting an intermediate college in 15th Cross, Malleshwaram, and started the institution in 1956-57 with a student strength of 68. In its infant stages, the MES INSTITUTIONS was housed in a small dwelling Anandashram, which recalled the ancient Guru Kula with a good rapport between the small number of students and their teachers. From this humble beginning, the college has grown gradually into a full-fledged college.